Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I've done it

I got up my nerve and wrote an email to Allison Barrows, the creator of the comic strip, "Preteena." Buzz had found a way to contact her and told her a bit about me and asked her if he could forward her email address to me. She agreed to let him do so but I took some time getting brave enough to write. I guess I just kind of felt shy...but tonight, after spending some time in prayer (not about this, it was just a kind of generalized conversational prayer) I felt brave enought to write. I hope she writes back soon, I'll be haunting my email box until she does.

I really like Preteena. It's such a fun strip, and it sometimes reminds me so much of Cheri and I it's spooky. But on the whole I just like reading it, and wanted to tell Ms. Barrows that. Heaven knows I know what it's like to get nothing but pans and very little praise.