Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Journey of a Single Pawprint

Okay. This is my umpteenth gazillionth try. I'm attempting to make a blog entry, let's see if it works. I've been having so much trouble trying to write it in the "compose" section, I thought I'd try "edit html" instead. So far so good!

Whoa, I was typing up an entry, tried hitting a tag at the top of the box and lost everything I'd typed. This is harder than I thought!!! Now I have to start from scratch...again...I'm beginning to think blogs are more difficult than I previously thought....

Anyway, I was trying to post a picture I took of Misako with my new camera. She had climbed into my lap wanting attention yesterday while I was on the computer. As I was idly scritching her chin it occured to me to take a pic of her. She had such a look of contentment on her little face! Here is the resulting pic.


Hope that worked. The camera is a Canon PowerShot SD110 Digital Elph. The first time I'd encountered it or one like it is when Hiroko, one of our early students, came to visit the first time. She had this itsy, bitsy, tiny cute camera I fell in love with. Now, my Elph appears to be as small as hers, but whoa Nellie, it feels heavier for some reason. Maybe I'm just imagining things. Anyway, after Bill got home I took some pics with it. At first I was disappointed that it appeared to have a limited zoom lens. Bill got all down about my disappointment and I thought, "oh great, now he'll think I'll be unhappy with it, even though I'm trying to make the best of it." Then, as I was looking at the manual I discovered it had an even further zoom feature on it, you just have to turn that feature on to use it. So I did and voila!!! It can take some far away shots a-okay! That's great because sometimes it's hard to sneak up on the cats and get really cute shots of them while they are sleeping without waking them up. And I know I'll want the zoom while we're in Japan, so I can take pictures of scenery and zoom in on architectural details on buildings.

Speaking of Japan, I'm so excited to be going. So far Mio, Saki, Tachi and Masami have said they are excited about seeing us again. I haven't heard from anyone else. I need to write Masami and let her know we are glad to be invited to see her. I'm sorry we won't see Sachie. I'm glad she sent me a packet of pictures of her new little guy, Reiji, but I sure wish I could have seen him in person. Oh well, maybe n a few years or so.